Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such an easy, refreshing starter for breakfast or any meal. It can even be a low calorie dessert. Very tasty
- 3 small cantaloupe, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 medium firm ripe papaya, peeled, seeded & diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped (fresh is best) or 1 teaspoon dried mint (fresh is best)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- mint sprig (optional)
- Take one of the melons, peel it and dice it.
- In a large non metal bowl, combine the 1 cantaloupe, papaya, cucumber, chopped mint, lime juice& honey, mix gently Set the 4 remaining cantaloupe halves in 4 bowls and fill with the fruit mixture Cover and refrigerate (up to 4 hours) until ready to serve.
This sounds wonderful for a diabetic and a showstopper at a Mexican dinner.
Made this for our Mexican dinner and it was refreshing with all of the other spicy food. I served this in a bowl, rather than in the cantaloupe. The recipe seemed to make quite a lot (probably 10-12 C). We enjoyed the taste but there was a hint too much mint.
This is a wonderful refreshing side dish. I love the combination of cucumber and melon. I did not have lime juice or papaya so I used Rose's sweetened lime juice and some small peaches from my back yard. I added some fresh ground pepper to bring out the flavor of the canteloupe and it was delicious.