Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A woman I work with gave me this recipe, and it is really good. This is one of those recipes that if you like or dislike something, put it in, or leave it out. Very versatile.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 (4 ounce) can taco sauce, your desired heat level
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, heated
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Place ground chuck in a bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender and mix.
- Pour and stir into ground chuck.
- Roll out meat mixture into a rectangle.
- Spread refried beans on meat, arrange peppers and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up, jelly roll fashion, place seam side down in a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips on top.
- You can add more cheese on top if desired.
- Bake 60 minutes and let set 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve over a bed of shredded lettuce and top with sour cream if desired.
This tasted good, but I had a hard time rolling up and transferring to a pan. It also didn't set up well even after sitting more than the recommended 15 minutes. Since no oven temp was listed, I baked the meatloaf at 350 for about one hour 15 minutes. Hopefully this recipe will turn out better for others. It was tasty and certainly easy.