Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I came up with this recipe after combining several mexican meatloaf recipes. My family loved this meatloaf.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mild taco sauce
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded mexican style cheese
- 15 ounces chili beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa (more if needed)
- Mix meat, seasoning and cheese together, then add beans and mix gently. Top with salsa.
- Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
I made this tonight it was very good! I used ground chicken in place of turkey, soy beans and hot salsa but followed everything else will make again, thank you for your recipe