Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We like to serve this with chunky salsa on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Mix together ground beef, tomatoes and chilies, bread crumbs, egg, onion and salt.
- You can mix and shape the meatloaf in a shallow pan or put into a loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°F.
WOW - this made a wonderful meatloaf - spicy and very moist. I wondered how it would turn out with so few ingredients but the flavors were delicious. I made this in my 11x7 baking dish and it came out very nicely done. Thanks DesertRose15 for a great new twist on an old favorite. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.