Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I made this meatloaf for work. Ihad never heard of a Mexican Meatloaf but I worked this. It was a hit and everybody loved it. There wasn't a crumb left.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can mexicorn
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, your favorite brand
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients from the ground beef to the breadcrumbs. Make sure to work all of the breadcrumbs inches.
- Place half of the ground beef mixture in the loaf pan.
- Top with all 3 cheeses.
- Top with remaining ground beef mixture.
- Use a spatula and go around the edges of the meatloaf to seal some of the bottom and top layers together. This keep most of the cheese from escaping.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- In a small saucepan combine salsa and paprika.
- When meatyloaf is finished pour warm salsa over meatloaf before serving.
- I flip my meatloaf over onto a serving plate before adding salsa. The cheeses look so good flowing between the layers of meat.
- I served this dish with spanish rice and greenbeans.