Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Have these either as a little meatball appetizer or in a tortilla similar to a souvlaki; either way is great.
- 5 jalapeno peppers (or other preferred chiles)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salsa (your choice)
- tortilla (flour or corn) (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- queso fresco (optional)
- Stem chiles, and chop finely to ensure best distribution throughout meat; remove seeds if desired.
- In a mixing bowl, mix chiles, meat, egg, bread crumbs, milk, cheese, onions, salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into meatballs, by the teaspoonful, about 1-inch.
- Place them on an ungreased baking pan with a lipped side, and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with salsa (as a dip), or with tortillas, cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, and salsa if desired (in a taco-like fashion).
HOLY MOLY! These were SPICY, but totally great! My hubby and I love mexican food, and these were fabulous by themselves! Thanks so much for a meatball I will make alot for parties and such!
I just made these and added them to soup and made albondigas soup and wow! The only thing I changed was I didn't add the cheese and i only had 3 small jalapenos, I also added a tiny bit of cooked rice and these were really good! I baked them as the recipe said before I added them to my soup. Great meatball recipe, thanks!
these were great '''i loved them thank's for the recipe.