Recipe by Judy-Jude
This recipe is wonderful as an appetizer, served with crusty bread, or as a main dish, served in sub rolls and sprinkled with cheese, or you can add a (15 oz.) can of beans and serve as a meatball chili. It is one of my favorite recipes because it is so easy to prepare and so versatile. I often keep this hot in a crockpot to take to pot lucks and a get together with family and friends.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco bell taco seasoning mix (or taco seasoning mix of your choice)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup plain fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, mild or hot
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- extra parmesan cheese, as a garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, 1/2 of the taco seasoning package, 1/2 cup salsa, bread crumbs, cheese, egg and salt/pepper to taste.
- Shape mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and brown in large skillet in the peanut oil.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan, add the tomato sauce, remaining salsa, taco seasoning and meatballs.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.