Recipe by **Mandy**
This is adapted from a Old El Paso recipe I found. I'd never thought of using the burrito sauce for anything other than burritos but this is a great simple dinner to put together.
Top Review by MsSally
This was very good, and fairly simple. My only problem was that the corn made the meatballs hard to keep together. Next time I might freeze the meatballs for about 20 mins prior to cooking them. I used burrito sauce for the simmer and it was very good.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 125 g canned corn kernels
- 3 spring onions, chopped finely
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red capsicum, finely chopped (bell pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, extra
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 390 g chili sauce (burrito simmer)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons sour cream, optional to cut the heat
- extra sliced capsicum (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients and shape into about 12 meatballs. Roll in extra breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook meatballs for 8-10 mins over a medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add simmer sauce & water and stir to coat meatballs, reduce heat & simmer for approx 3 minutes.
- Stir in optional sour cream or cream to heat through just before serving.
- Serve over rice garnished with extra red capsicum.