Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Summer backyard parties are coming up and you'll want to take the dish everyone's talking about. TAKE THESE! They're great and everyone will ask for the recipe. To make these meatballs a meal, just cut the recipe in half and make them bigger than 1 inch.
- 2 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) jars Pace Picante Sauce
- Soak bread in milk until soft. Mix beef, eggs, onion, garlic, parsley, bread mixture and black pepper thoroughly and shape firmly into 1" meatballs. Place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F 25 minute or until meatballs are done.
- Place meatballs in saucepot. Add picante sauce and heat through. Serve with cocktail toothpicks.
Made in memory of Amy. Other then doing as I always do when making meatballs - allow the mixture to firm a touch before forming the meatballs - I made as posted with wonderful results! The Pace Picante Sauce complimented the meatballs making for a wonderful appetizer platter. Have added to my appetizer cookbook and look forward to serving to family and friends.
these were pretty good a little on the soggy side so next time ill cut the milk down a little i also only made half the batch thanks for the rec..