Wendy H.'s Note:
A savory meat pie courtesy of my Aunt Stephanie that's yummy any time of year, and good either hot or cold the next day. Dress it up with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, guacamole, shredded cheese, etc., or make a side salad out of these items, and you've got tacos (sort of) without the mess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown beef with onion and pepper in a skillet.
- 2Pour off fat.
- 3Stir in tomato sauce, salt, oregano, and hot spices, if desired.
- 4Simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Place meat mixture in pie shell.
- 6Place top crust, seal, and prick.
- 7Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 9Leave off top crust and top after cooking with shredded cheese like cheddar or Monterey Jack.
- 10Would probably be excellent with cumin instead of the oregano, but I haven't tried this yet.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.6
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 843.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 27.9 g