Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Anything with Rotel is sure to be good. You can make this ahead and then bake. From Deep in the Heart of Texas cookbook. I use reduced fat Velveeta.
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 425.24 g Rotel Tomatoes, extra hot preferred
- 12 corn tortillas
- 425.24 g ranch style beans
- 453.59 g Velveeta cheese, sliced
- 425.24 g cream of chicken soup
- Brown meat with onions. Drain.
- Put back in skillet.
- Add tomatoes.
- In a 9X13" pan layer 1/2 of tortillas (may cut to fit), meat, beans, and cheese. Repeat.
- Top with soup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I made this using chicken instead of ground beef. I also only used 1/2 lb of Velveeta. The corn tortillas I used made this dish too salty. Other than that it tasted good. Made for Photo Tag
I made this for the ZWT3. It was easy to put together. I couldn't find ranch style beans and didn't really know what they were, so I just went with a can of black beans (I looked them up after dinner and I'll see if I can get a bit closer next time). It tasted great anyway. Thanks for sharing.