Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good family dish. You probably could use leftover taco meat.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped (canned ok)
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Brown meat with onion and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a 9x13 dish, one layer of tortillas, meat, beans, and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with soup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until bubbly.
This recipe got rave reviews with my dinner guests. I did make a few changes however. I reduced the amount of ground beef to 1lb, and added 1/2lb of Chorizo sausage. I used flour tortilla's instead of corn, as I prefer the flavor, and finally, I used the Mexican Velveeta instead of the plain. I browned the meat, onions, and green pepper the night before and let it sit in the refrigerator due to lack of time. All of it came together quite well. I would suggest drainig the tomatoes if you use canned, as it was a little 'wet'.
Great recipe! have been having it for breakfast every morning since! I can think of a thousand variations for this. Easy to put together and delicious!!!
I used Chi-Chi's beef taco meat sold in meat department in place of chuck. Found ranch style beans at Whole Foods.