These are a great lunch, especially for those colder fall months. These are good cold too and I've sent them in my husbands lunchs several times. This is a great way to use leftovers. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package of frozen patty shells
- 1 cup diced cooked beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional) or 1 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives, sliced or 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1Remove the patty shells from the freezer and allowe to stand at room temp until soft enough to roll.
- 2Meanwhile, saute the beef, onion, and the garlic in butter over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the salt, pepper, thyme, cumin, chili powder, the chili sauce and the tomato.
- 4Reduce the heat to a simmer; cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Soak the raisins in boiling until until plump; drain well.
- 6combine the meat mix, raisins, olives, and the eggs; set aside.
- 7Roll each patty shell on a flowered pastry cloth to a rectangle approximately 5 x 8 inches.
- 8Place 1/3 cup filling on one half of each rectrangle. Fold to form a turnover and seal with milk.
- 9Preheat oven to 450°F
- 10Place the turnovers on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush with milk.
- 11Place in the oven and immeadiately reduce the heat to 400 f; bake for 20 minutes or until well browned and puffed.
- 12Note: Patty Shells are small cups made of puff pastry that are meant to hold individual portions of savory fillings. Look for them in bakeries or among the frozen foods in supermarkets.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 677.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives