Prep 10 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Kerry made this first - Makes Sour Cream Enchiladas, and lots of other things, get creative.
- 5 lbs beef roast or 5 lbs pork roast
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place roast in large roasting pan or dutch oven. Do not add salt or water. Cover with tight lid and roast 8 to 10 hours until well done. Or cook with 1 cup water in pressure cooker for 35 to 40 minuets. Drain meat reserving juices. Cool meat, then remove bones. Shred meat and set aside.
- Spray large skillet with Vegetable cooking spray. Saute onions and green chillies for 1 minute. Add Green Chillie salsa, Garlic Powder, flour, salt and cumin. Reduce heat and cook 1 minute. Stir in reserved meat and meat juices. Cook minuets until thickened. Cool.
- Put about 3 cups mix into three one quart freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch space at the top. Seal and label containers with date and contents. Freeze. Use withing about 6 months. Makes about 9 cups.
Whenever there is roast on sale there is a pot of mexican meat on the stove. Freezes very well. We can eat on it for a couple of days. Whatever is left over I package in a suitable size that my husband can pull out of the freezer and make himself soft tacos. This is a recipe from Make-A-Mix cookbook. I have used it for several years.