Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. OOEY GOOEY cheesy mashed potaoes with a kick of spice to livin up taco night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipolte chili peppers (in spice aisle)
- fresh guacamole, salt and pepper
- 1Saute the red bell pepper,diced green onion, and jalapeno pepper in oil until tender and remove from heat.
- 2Place the Simply Potaoes Traditional Mashed Potaoes in a dutch oven( or any other medium size pot) and turn on medium heat.
- 3Stir in the sauted veggies, cumin, chipolte chile pepper seasoning, and smoked cheddar.
- 4Stir until hot and cheese is melted.
- 5Remove from heat and if desired seasonto taste with salt and pepper. Top with cilantro, and if desired fresh guacomole.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes