Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. OOEY GOOEY cheesy mashed potaoes with a kick of spice to livin up taco night.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground chipolte chili peppers (in spice aisle)
- fresh guacamole, salt and pepper
- Saute the red bell pepper,diced green onion, and jalapeno pepper in oil until tender and remove from heat.
- Place the Simply Potaoes Traditional Mashed Potaoes in a dutch oven( or any other medium size pot) and turn on medium heat.
- Stir in the sauted veggies, cumin, chipolte chile pepper seasoning, and smoked cheddar.
- Stir until hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and if desired seasonto taste with salt and pepper. Top with cilantro, and if desired fresh guacomole.
Oh, Wow, these were oooey gooey GOOD!!! I put the potatoes in a microwave safe serving dish and heated in the microwave, then stirred in the sauteed vegies and the cheese and then reheated again after I stirred in. I left out the Jalapeno pepper though. One less pan to wash!
Good luck on the contest! I entered three, not on the screen yet. I just love to cook.