Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from an Ortega recipe booklet.
Make and share this Mexican Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) canortega fire-roasted diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet Ortega taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes. Cook 10 minutes or until soft. Drain water from pot.
- Add butter, milk, chiles, sald and pepper to taste. Mash well. Stir in taco seasoning. Serve warm.
- Tip: For an even richer side dish, stir in 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese.