Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you are like me and love mexican food, you will love these mashed potatoes! This is also a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes :)
- 6 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute tomatoes, onion, chile sauce, green onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in potatoes and cook until heated through.
- Spoon potato mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese. Serve when the cheese has melted.
This was a very nice addition to our Cinco de Mayo spread, and a great make ahead dish. Thank you.
Easy and delicious! Thanks!
awesome!! i cheated and made some instant mashers first, then i stirred in some sour cream and heavy cream and a can of extra hot rotel. i used siracha and tapatio for the hot chili sauce and i used way more. i also used 1/2 cup cheese inside the potatoes and then 1/2 cup on top. i topped the whole dish off with more green onions. yummy!! fantastic! i'm always looking for more side dishes to go with all the spicy mexican/southwestern food i make. this is a tasty keeper for sure! great make-ahead dish too. thanks a ton!