Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this recipe up one day after work when I wanted an easy dinner and I had to use up the avocado that was going bad. If you want to ommit the Tequilla go ahead (I just added it becuase we had some left over from a St. Patricks day Party). The measurements are really guidelines becuase I jsut sort of threw things in to taste, so feel free to fiddle with them. Yet overall, I think it turned out pretty well. Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon tequila
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- preheat oven to broil.
- in a small bowl, juice half of a lime (if you like lime feel free to add more).
- open, and dice avocado into small cubes. add to bowl.
- peel and mince 1 clove of garlic.
- add salt, pepper, garlic and chilli powder to taste.
- drizzle with tequilla (optional).
- stir and set aside.
- season chicken breasts.
- cook or grill chicken (i used a george forman, because I was lazy) untill it is almost cooked.
- place chicken in a greased pyrex dish, (or something like that) and cover with avocado mixture.
- grate cheddar cheese over chicken breasts.
- broil untill cheese is melted and bubbling.
- i served mine with nacho chips and mango salsa, but you could easily serve it with rice or a salad.