Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was looking through all the Mexican manicotti recipes and none of them use enchilada sauce. This is the product of that experiment. I suggest making Enchilada Sauce. It is my go to sauce recipe. You can adjust the spice level by using a spicy or mild chili powder.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Brown turkey, jalapeno, and green pepper until turkey is cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat water and cook manicotti according to package directions. (I always make a couple extra noodles because one or two inevitably break.).
- Drain turkey (if needed). Add water and taco seasoning. Simmer for about five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add refried beans. Let cool, so you don't burn yourself when you stuff the noodles.
- Put a thin layer of enchilada sauce at the bottom of 13X9 pan.
- Stuff cooked noodles with turkey mixture and place in pan.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and cook another 15 minutes.
- I like to serve mine with some shredded lettuce and tomato.