Recipe by MizzNezz
Make this in the morning, bake it that evening. A hearty entree. Our vegetarians can leave out the meat, with great results.
Top Review by yooper
What a great do ahead dish! I was a little concerned about using the raw ground beef, but it turned out fine! I used 2 cups of shredded Taco cheese for the topping because I love cheese! This dish puts "Taco Bell" in the dog house!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 16 ounces picante sauce
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, mix uncooked beef, beans, chili powder, and oregano.
- Spoon into uncooked manicotti shells.
- Place in greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Mix water and sauce, pour over manicotti.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 hour.
- Uncover. Sprinkle with cheese, onions, and olives.
- Bake for 8 minutes more.
- Then add sour cream.