Recipe by Karen
Yummy combo between Italian and Mexican. This is from my friend Alissa. The pasta can be stuffed up to 12 hours in advance and put in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Skooch
Took other reviewers idea and sauteed ground beef and onions, mixed some cheese in with the meat and added Taco seasoning mix. It was absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 10 uncooked manicotti
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pitted olive
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 cup cheese and refried beans.
- Stuff uncooked pasta tubes with cheese mixture, pressing firmly into shells.
- Meanwhile, in microwave safe dish, combine water, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce.
- Microwave on HIGH until mixture is steaming hot (about 5-6 minutes).
- Pour about 1/2 the sauce into a 9x13 pan.
- Place uncooked stuffed tubes in pan, turning each to coat with sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes.
- Then turn shells over.
- Continue baking, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with onions and olives.