Recipe by MA HIKER
Fancy & Delicious - great to bring to a potluck cookout! Cooking time is chill time after the salad is prepared.
Top Review by rickoholic83
Great pasta salad! I increased the ranch dressing to 1 1/2 cups and kept all other ingredients the same. This was quick, easy and very tasty! Thanks for sharing, MA HIKER. Edit to add: I was looking for something different to bring to Taco Night during the 4th of July weekend. Looked up my reviews and found this little gem. Changed it up a bit by using bow tie pasta, black beans, adding corn, omitting the green onion and cilantro and replacing the tomatoes with two cans of Rotel. It was a huge hit! Thanks again!
- 6 cups rotini pasta, uncooked (1 pound)
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime zest, grated (from 2 medium limes)
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 medium limes)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (including tops)
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and cut in half
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
- Meanwhile, grate peel from limes; place in a small bowl. Squeeze juice from limes; add to peel in bowl.
- Stir in dressing and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir in avocado into dressing mixture.
- In a large serving bowl, toss pasta with all remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing mixture over salad; toss gently to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving to blend flavors.