Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not for dieters!
- 1⁄2 lb macaroni, your choice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup similar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package, adding one teaspoons of oil if desired.
- Drain and toss with 2 teaspoons oil.
- In wok or large saute pan, add crumbled sausage and stir fry until browned.
- Add onion and fry until soft.
- Add tomato sauce and oregano.
- Cook on high for a minute until it bubbles.
- Add rest of ingredients (including pasta) and stir fry briefly.
- Stir in cheese quickly.
- Serve as soon as the cheese melts.
good, honest comfort food. Sooo much better than Hamburger helper! Only change might be to add a little more cheese and a bit more heat will do this again. fits well with a budget.