Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gebhard's Chili recipe from newspaper.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) cangebhard's chili without beans
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Lightly brown beef in skillet; add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in chili con carne, cottage cheese, corn chips, salt, chili powder and macaroni.
- Spoon into a buttered 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
We really liked this. And it was very easy to make, which is very important to me! Most nights of the week I don't have time to fix anything very complicated or involved. The only change I made was to leave off the buttered bread crumbs, and to sprinkle just a small amount (apx 1/4 cup) of shredded cheddar on top during the last 10 minutes of baking. I'll definitely be making this again, after dinner DH said "This is a keeper." That's pretty high praise from him