Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love mexican food and this is the perfect mexican mac and cheese- complete with tender bites of chicken to make it a meal in itself.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese (cheddar and monteray jack)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until it is al dente.
- In butter, saute the peppers, onion and garlic and cook until veggies are softened and fragrant.
- Add chicken to pan.
- Stir in the adobo powder, flour, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir and cook until chicken is browned.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add parsley.
- Stir in all of the cheese until melted.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.