Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this tangy dressing on a fruit salad, a green salad or even on chicken before BBQing it.
Make and share this Mexican Low Fat Citrus Salad Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- In a non metal bowl whisk all the ingedients.
- Cover& chill for up to 4 hours.
Oops put 2 tab of honey! So yummy!
Really excellent on a salad with red grapes and avocado! I did use a teaspoon of oil because I always oil my measuring spoon so the honey doesn't stick, plus I added two large pinches of kosher salt and a few turns of the pepper mill. Made the whole thing in the Vitamix, so it was smooth.
Whipped this up in mini food processor. Tangy, different and no fat! What's not to love?!:? Served this in a whole wheat tortilla bowl with romaine lettuce, black beans, fresh tomatoes and avocado. Incredible FRESH taste! <br/><br/>I added cilantro to the dressing and omitted basil and jalapeno (out of both). Trying with a touch of lime next time.