1 hr 31 mins
1 hr 19 mins
Crazycook in PA's Note:
My friend from Monterrey, Mexico said it was the best flan he's ever had. The sweetened condensed milk makes it just sweet enough. This flan beats any creme brulee I've ever had!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium size non-stick sauce pan, heat the sugar and water over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, letting sugar brown and stirring occasionally until mixture is a bronzy color.
- 3Have a 10 inch pie plate or cake pan hot by running the bottom under hot water. With a paper towel and the butter, grease bottom of pan. Immediately pour sugar mixture over bottom of dish, swirling it around for even coverage. This requires working fast because it hardens very quickly!
- 4Place the pan onto a cookie sheet or larger pan with high sides.
- 5In a large bowl with a mixer, combine sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, milk, eggs and vanilla extract and blend for about a minute.
- 6Pour the mixture over the caramelized sugar and pour about an inch of HOT water into the outer pan around the flan.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for approximately 80 minutes. It may still be a little jiggly in the middle but after refrigerating for a least 8 hours or preferably overnight, it will set up.
- 8Turn over onto large plate having the syrup run down the sides and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Lovers Flan
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.9
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 220.1 mg
- Sodium 149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 58.4 g
- Protein 10.0 g