Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this soup. simple but great flavor to start off a Mexican meal. Adjust the hotness to your own likeing. Although the original recipe did not say "cilantro" I believe at least a 1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilntro will really enhance the flavor of this soup.
- Spray a skillet with lite olive oil and fry the tortilla strips until brown& crisp, drain on paper towel.
- Spray the pan again and saute the onions& chilis until tender but not brown.
- Add broth& turkey (whatever), cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoe, simmer 5 more minutes, stir in the lime juice.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Ladle into hot bowls, add tortilla chips and garnish with a slice of lime.