I love this soup. simple but great flavor to start off a Mexican meal. Adjust the hotness to your own likeing. Although the original recipe did not say "cilantro" I believe at least a 1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilntro will really enhance the flavor of this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a skillet with lite olive oil and fry the tortilla strips until brown& crisp, drain on paper towel.
- 2Spray the pan again and saute the onions& chilis until tender but not brown.
- 3Add broth& turkey (whatever), cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoe, simmer 5 more minutes, stir in the lime juice.
- 5Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 6Ladle into hot bowls, add tortilla chips and garnish with a slice of lime.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Lime With Chicken or Turkey Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: