Recipe by Pam-I-Am
Only 6 ingredients! Add your favorite toppings for a hearty one-bowl meal. Very healthy, lots of fiber!
Top Review by day-hee
Simple, healthy and delicious! I halved the recipe (only cooking for myself), used red lentils, hot salsa and added some chopped jalapeno peppers because I wanted a spicier soup. With fresh ground pepper and a few dollops of plain yogurt, it was amazing!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, mild
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry lentils, rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in dutch oven or large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, salsa and lentils. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until letils are tender.
- Serve by placing in a bowl and topping with a dollop of sour cream, sliced black olives, chopped green onions or corn chips. Be creative!