This sounds like a light, Mexican version of the classic Seven-Layered Salad. You could add black beans, chicken breast, or other protein to make it more filling, if you wanted to serve it as a main-course salad. I think a mixture of sour cream and mayo would also be good in the dressing, and I think sliced olives would be nice on top, too.
- 946.36 ml torn romaine lettuce
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 354.88 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml canned diced green chiles
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml salt (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml crushed tortilla chips
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-quart trifle dish or glass bowl, layer the first five ingredients.
- Combine the mayonnaise, chilies, and seasonings; spread over the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle crushed chips and cheese over the top and serve immediately.