Recipe by Suzanne S.
I got this recipe out of Paula Deen's newest cookbook. It is the best layered Mexican Dip I've ever had, not surprisingly. I've yet to try a Paula Deen recipe that wasn't awesome. The secret to this one is mixing the sour cream and mayo with the taco seasoning mix.
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- one 1 1/2-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- four 9-ounce cans Frito-Lay bean dip
- one 16-ounce jar picante sauce
- 1 cup chopped onions or 1 cup green onion
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- one 6-ounce can pitted black olives, drained
- sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together the avocado, lemon juice, garlic salt, black pepper, and hot sauce; set aside. In another bowl, mix the sour cream, mayo, and taco seasoning; set aside. In a wide, shallow bowl, layer the bean dip, avocado mixture, sour cream mixture, picante sauce, onions, tomatoes, olives, and jalapeno peppers to taste, and top with both cheeses. Serve with tortilla chips.