Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I really like this recipe because it does not include the usual refried beans or the canned chili I find in many other recipes, which I don't really care for at all. This is also a better-for-you dip, but it is still delicious. This needs to refrigerate for at least 1 hour. I got the recipe from Kraft.
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, 1/3 Less fat than cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 3 (13 ounce) packages baked corn tortilla chips
- Beat neufchatel cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add seasoning mix; beat until well blended. Spread onto bottom of serving plate or 9-inch pie plate.
- Layer remaining ingredients over neufchatel cheese mixture; cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
I too enjoy the black beans rather than refried beans/canned chili. The others seem so salty rather than flavorful. This is a case of the "better for you" being better tasting, I always get compliments!