Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A hearty vegetarian main dish.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 cups enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- sour cream (optional)
- Saute the onion, bell pepper, and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add the beans, corn, rice, tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder, and cumin. Mix well and cook on low until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spread about 1/2 c enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch pan. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce into a bowl.
- Dip 4 of the tortillas into the enchilada sauce and layer them in the bottom of the pan. Spread with half the bean mixture. Repeat layers, ending with tortillas. Spread the remaining enchilada sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and/or sour cream.