Recipe by Larkin
This is a great recipe to take to a potluck or to share with friends at a party. It can also satisfy that taco craving in a very effortless way.
For Bean Dip
- 2 (14 ounce) cans refried beans
- mexican cheese (1 bag, shredded)
- sour cream (1 regular tub)
- pico de gallo
- 2 ripe avocados
- lettuce (shredded, 1 small bag is good)
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives (chopped)
For Pico de Gallo
- 4 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 bunch green onion (only the green lower or root halves, chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (about a hand-full, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for pico de gallo in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place pico de gallo in refrigerator (it is best if you can leave the pico in the fridge over night to marinade, but not necessary).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a medium-sized casserole dish and dump both cans of refried beans into the pan.
- Spread the beans out flat in the pan until there are no air pockets (or close to none) and so that the beans create a flat surface.
- Take your bag of Mexican shredded cheese, and dump the contents of the bag onto the beans.
- Spread the cheese so that it makes an even layer of cheese on top of the beans.
- Place the beans and cheese combination into the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
- After cheese has melted, remove dish from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Once the dish is cool, dump all of the contents of the tub of sour cream onto the cheese.
- With a spoon, spread the sour cream all over the cheese until it makes a flat, even layer.
- Take pico de gallo out of the fridge and dump it on top of the sour cream.
- Spread pico de gallo over the sour cream until it makes a flat, even layer.
- Dump the shredded lettuce on top of the pico de gallo.
- Spread the lettuce over the pico de gallo until it makes a flat, even layer.
- Top the lettuce with the slices of black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips.