1 hr 15 mins
This is a great recipe to take to a potluck or to share with friends at a party. It can also satisfy that taco craving in a very effortless way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Bean Dip
- 2 (14 ounce) cans refried beans
- mexican cheese (1 bag, shredded)
- sour cream (1 regular tub)
- pico de gallo
- 2 ripe avocados
- lettuce (shredded, 1 small bag is good)
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives (chopped)
For Pico de Gallo
- 1Combine ingredients for pico de gallo in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- 2Place pico de gallo in refrigerator (it is best if you can leave the pico in the fridge over night to marinade, but not necessary).
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Take a medium-sized casserole dish and dump both cans of refried beans into the pan.
- 5Spread the beans out flat in the pan until there are no air pockets (or close to none) and so that the beans create a flat surface.
- 6Take your bag of Mexican shredded cheese, and dump the contents of the bag onto the beans.
- 7Spread the cheese so that it makes an even layer of cheese on top of the beans.
- 8Place the beans and cheese combination into the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
- 9After cheese has melted, remove dish from the oven and allow it to cool.
- 10Once the dish is cool, dump all of the contents of the tub of sour cream onto the cheese.
- 11With a spoon, spread the sour cream all over the cheese until it makes a flat, even layer.
- 12Take pico de gallo out of the fridge and dump it on top of the sour cream.
- 13Spread pico de gallo over the sour cream until it makes a flat, even layer.
- 14Dump the shredded lettuce on top of the pico de gallo.
- 15Spread the lettuce over the pico de gallo until it makes a flat, even layer.
- 16Top the lettuce with the slices of black olives.
- 17Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Layered Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 286.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g