Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an instant hit at any party and is lower in fat than most Mexican recipes. Of course, you can make it with the full-fat ingredients if you like. Experiment and add other garnishes, such as sausage, pepperoni, black beans or jalapenos.
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese or 8 ounces neufchatel cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces fat-free refried beans or 16 ounces refried beans
- 12 ounces picante sauce, divided (I use Pace's medium Picante)
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream or 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 2⁄3 cup cucumber, chopped and drained
- 1 cup diced onions or 1 cup spring onion
- 2 whole tomatoes, finely diced and well-drained
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives or 1⁄4 cup black olives (optional)
- Soften cream cheese and spread in a round glass baking dish.
- Mix 6 tbs picante sauce with the refried beans.
- Spread over cream cheese.
- Spread sour cream over refried beans.
- Spoon remainder of picante sauce over sour cream.
- Sprinkle onions, celery and cucumbers over dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Garnish with diced (well-drained) tomatoes.
- ***Ifusing sliced olives, sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Serve with corn chips or tostatoes.
I served this to my family and friends and they all scarfed it up! We used tortilla chips and potato chips. Thanks for a tasty dip!!! 8}
Great dip!!! I made it for the 4th weekend and it was gone in what seemed like seconds. Thanks for a great recipie.