Recipe by Graybert
A wonderful treat! Your guests will rave over this unique and yummy dish!!
Top Review by Chrissyo
This is delicious and much nicer that the other Mexian layer dips I have tried. It is quick to assemble and the best thing is you don't break your corn chips in the dip. I like this recipe because it lends itself to you being creative and using what even is in the fridge. I have made this twice in the reviewing process and the second time I deseeded a red hot chilli and finely chopped it and mixed with through the avocado, lemon juice, green chili and cut back on the tomato. It was hot!!! My family liked this one. Thank you. :-)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 5 slices cooked, crisp, chopped bacon
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, garlic powder and sour cream.
- Use as the first layers in a 9-inch pie plate or dish.
- Combine avocado, lemon juice, tomato and green chilies for the second layer.
- Sprinkle with bacon, green onion and olives.
- Spread taco sauce over all; sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Serve with taco chips or corn chips.