Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I delicious lasagna that is different from the rest!
Make and share this Mexican Lasagne recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml club house chili powder
- 4.92 ml club house ground cumin
- 4.92 ml club house minced garlic
- 2.46 ml club house oregano leaves
- 2.46 ml club house crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 680 ml tomato sauce
- 540 ml black beans, drained and rinsed
- 177.44 ml frozen corn kernels
- 127 ml chopped green chilies, with juice
- 8 flour tortillas
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, brown beef and onion over med–hi heat; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, beans, corn and green chilies. Stir in all spices except red pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Add red pepper to taste, if desired.
- Spread 2/3 cup (150 mL) beef mixture on bottom of lightly greased 13x9 in/ 34x22 cm baking dish. Top with 4 tortillas, overlapping as needed. Layer with ½ of remaining beef mixture and ½ of cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF (180°C) oven 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was easy to make and my family loved it. I made absolutely no changes to the recipe either. Thanks!