Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
this is another strange recipe with great results. ALL of the ingredients start out UNCOOKED, do not pre-cook ANYTHING!!!
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 ounces refried beans, I usually use low-fat or fat free
- 1 lb lean ground beef, uncooked, I usually use ground round
- 2 tablespoons ground oregano, I don't use due to a severe allergy
- 1⁄4 ounce taco seasoning mix, I use low sodium when I can find it
- 28 ounces picante sauce or 28 ounces salsa
- 28 ounces water
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces sour cream, I use low fat
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Mix beans, uncooked meat, oregano, 1/2 pack of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup picante sauce in a bowl.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1/3 lasagna noodles in pan.
- Spread 1/2 meat mixture on top.
- Top with 1/3 noodles.
- Spread with remaining meat mixture.
- Cover with last 1/3 of noodles.
- Mix picante sauce, water, remaining taco seasoning mix and pour evenly over noodles.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- I put my pan on a cookie sheet in case of boil overs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions and olives together.
- Spread on top of pasta.
- Cover again and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and LET COOL FOR 15 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING.
I rarely make recipes twice, but this is one that I do make more often because it's that delicious. I prefer it with pork instead of beef, and I love how tender the lasagna noodles are when this is done. I spice it a little differently--2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder. This is a keeper!
This recipe was very easy to prepare. The combination of lasagna noodles and Mexican flavors worked fairly well. It did boil over a bit, so the sheet pan underneath is a good suggestion. I will definitely make this again at some point.