Recipe by Cookin In Texas
This is easy and fun to make, save the HOT HOT stuff for the toppings and give every body a choice to how hot they want there serving to be.
Top Review by Ratalouille
Great dish! A simple recipe with simple ingredients makes for a quick meal. That's my kind of cooking! I used ground pork and green enchilada sauce. DH commented on how spicy it is ... it's a good spicy. I like the texture corn tortillas give this dish. Once you get all the toppings on, you've got quite a meal! Thanks Cookin In Texas :)
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 3 (10 ounce) cans mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (24 count) corn tortillas
- 4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese or 4 cups Velveeta cheese, works great also
TOPPING all (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- refried beans (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- onion (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- green chili (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and drain off fat stir in one can enchilada sauce then set mixture aside.
- In bowl pour in 2 cans enchilada sauce,.
- Spray your baking pan with non stick spray.
- To began start with a corn tortilla and dip the entire tortilla into the enchilada sauce one at a time.
- Place the shell onto bottom of baking pan and continue this until bottom of pan is covered.
- Then place a layer of the meat mixture.
- A layer of cheese and repeat with the tortilla,meat,cheese.
- Continues this until pan is full.
- when finished pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the entire pie.
- Top it off with another layer of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
- This pie can also be made up to 24 hours ahead just make it as above (do not bake) cover and refrigerate but increase baking time from 30 to 45 minutes.