Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sounds really good and easy and I plan to make it real soon. Recipe came from Taste of Homes Simple and Delicious.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese and cilantro.
- Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Let me start by saying I do not like ricotta cheese...well I thought I didn't that is! This is such a quick and easy recipe and with such simple ingredients it was very flavorful. I used parsley in place of the cilantro (I know I don't like cilantro!) but otherwise made as written. Going into my Best of Cookbook! Made for Spring PAC 2014.