Recipe by CrinV
This is a great recipe that we love. I always get great reviews and requests for the recipe. I usually add ground beef to the vegetable mixture as we love meat!
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 4 -6 flour tortillas or 4 -6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef (cooked) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onions, garlic and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes (drained), salsa and cumin, bring to a boil.
- Simmer for two minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to others. If you are using, add ground beef here.
- In a 9X13 pan, layer 1/3 of the bean mixture, then tortillas then 1/2 of the cheese.
- Repeat with 1/3 of the beans then tortillas then the rest of the beans and put the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes and serve with sour cream.
- Option: Add ground cooked ground beef to the bean mixture for non-vegetarian version.