1/1 Photo of Mexican Lasagna
This is a great recipe that we love. I always get great reviews and requests for the recipe. I usually add ground beef to the vegetable mixture as we love meat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 4 -6 flour tortillas or 4 -6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef (cooked) (optional)
- 1Sautee onions, garlic and green pepper in oil until tender.
- 2Add tomatoes (drained), salsa and cumin, bring to a boil.
- 3Simmer for two minutes.
- 4Drain and rinse beans and add to others. If you are using, add ground beef here.
- 5In a 9X13 pan, layer 1/3 of the bean mixture, then tortillas then 1/2 of the cheese.
- 6Repeat with 1/3 of the beans then tortillas then the rest of the beans and put the remaining cheese on top.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes and serve with sour cream.
- 8Option: Add ground cooked ground beef to the bean mixture for non-vegetarian version.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 1177.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 24.1 g