Recipe by Melslack
This is a hearty meal that couldn't be easier. A friend was telling me about her mother making this, and I thought it sounded good, so I put it together. I usually serve it with tortilla chips on the side and salsa. This can also be made sans meat.
- 8 large tortillas
- 3 cups cheese
- ground beef
- 3 -4 cups refried beans
- lettuce (for topping when serving)
- tomatoes (for topping when serving)
- onion (for topping when serving)
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- In a deep lasagna pan, put down a layer of tortillas.
- (You may want to cut and turn them different ways each layer for maximun coverage).
- Spread with a layer of refried beans.
- Top with a layer of meat, then cheese, and finally salsa.
- Repeat layers until pan is full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut and serve just as you would regular lasagna.
- Top each piece with a dab of sour cream, and chopped lettuce, tomato and onion as you serve it.