Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Not your same old Lasagna! Give Life a Kick! Try This! I've made this also with 3 chopped chipotle peppers in adobe sauce added to the cooked beef.
- 2 cups pinto beans (cooked or canned rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, sliced (or pepperjack cheese for heat)
- 2 cups browned ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jarof favorite salsa
- 3⁄4 lb lasagna noodle
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix pinto beans with the spaghetti sauce.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, egg, cilantro, and chilies.
- Cook lasagna very Al dente noodles, drain and cut up.
- Mix Beef, sauce and salsa together.
- Spread a little sauce mixture in the crock pot (enough to cover).
- Then place 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the sauce, and 1/2 of the Monterey jack cheese.
- Repeat layers with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6.
Excellent! Used hot salsa, couldn't find plain monterey jack so substituted pepper jack. Baked in oven for 30 minutes at 375. Made 2 recipes, took one to work and one for home, both were gone in 2 days. BTW, 2 cups of ground beef works out to 1lb. After browning 1lb will just crown a 2-cup measure.
I followed the recipe and added a little Fajita seasoning. I cooked it 8 hours and I think that was a little too much; maybe 6 hours. I had good flavor, but I was not a taste that wowed me. I took it to work with me and it was gone in a matter of 30 minutes. Good recipe.