Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
A really delicious and easy recipe to please your family. You can add more or less spiciness to this recipe to suit your taste buds or for kids tender tongues.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- 10 -12 flour or 10 -12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a skillet, brown the turkey and minced garlic until cooked and no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and drain off fat.
- Add cumin, salt, chili powder and Rotel tomatoes.
- Cover the bottom and sides of 13" x 9" casserole with the tortillas.
- Pour the turkey mixture over the tortillas, then layer with more tortillas.
- Combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and egg.
- Pour this mixture over the tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Arrange rows of fresh tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions and olives diagonally over the top of the casserole.
This was very good and quick and easy to make. I used ground sirloin though instead of ground turkey because of personal prefernce. I topped mine with some sour cream. Thank you Geema