Recipe by Geema
A really delicious and easy recipe to please your family. You can add more or less spiciness to this recipe to suit your taste buds or for kids tender tongues.
Top Review by Shari2
This was very good and quick and easy to make. I used ground sirloin though instead of ground turkey because of personal prefernce. I topped mine with some sour cream. Thank you Geema
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- 10 -12 flour or 10 -12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the turkey and minced garlic until cooked and no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and drain off fat.
- Add cumin, salt, chili powder and Rotel tomatoes.
- Cover the bottom and sides of 13" x 9" casserole with the tortillas.
- Pour the turkey mixture over the tortillas, then layer with more tortillas.
- Combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and egg.
- Pour this mixture over the tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Arrange rows of fresh tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions and olives diagonally over the top of the casserole.