Recipe by jleduke
I wanted to do something different with the ground meat I had in my freezer. After finding the no-bake lasagna noodles in my pantry and salsa in my fridge, I knew I wanted to try a Mexican-style lasagna! I used my immersion blender on the salsa and on the refried beans so it would spread smoother across the noodles.
- 1 (9 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles, flat
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 lb ground meat, crumbled
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bag sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning (I make my own)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and break up the ground meat, seasoning half way through with taco seasoning and half of the lime juice. Drain on plate covered with a paper towel. Add the remaining lime juice to the salsa for extra flavor.
- **You can layer the lasagna however you choose, but here is how I do it….
- Start with about 4 tablespoons of salsa and spread over the bottom of the casserole dish. Layer the noodles overlapping across casserole dish. Spread a thin layer of refried beans with a large spoon and sprinkle evenly with corn, black olives, cooked ground meat, green onions and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Add your next layer of noodles and spread on the refried beans. Sprinkle more corn, ground beef, green onion, black olives and cheese. Add another layer of noodles and spread with a few tablespoons of salsa. Sprinkle remaining ground meat and only a small amount of corn, cheese and green onion. Add the last layer of noodles and spread with salsa. Top with a generous amount of cheese and sprinkle a few black olives and green onions. Cover with foil and bake at 350 until noodles are tender, about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese begins to brown. Cool before slicing. Add a nice dollop of sour cream and ENJOY!