Recipe by kashalea
This recipe originated from one of Rachel Ray's. It's a really great alternative to taco night at our house. This would be great with refried beans as well; just spread over the tortilla layers. Don't omit the corn - it gives a great burst of sweetness to every bite! I recommend serving with fresh lettuce and sour cream too.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mild taco sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cheese, cheddar and pepper jack recommended
- fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet over medium heat, combine chicken, spice,s onion, beans, taco sauce and corn. Heat through.
- Spread half of mixture in greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer with 2 tortillas and half of cheese.
- Repeat meat, tortilla, and cheese layers. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
- Top with chopped chives before serving.