Recipe by its_me_susan
This is one of my most shared recipes! Everyone loves this one, even my Sister-in-law who does not like ground meat. Leftovers are great too. A comfort food for your whole family or next party. Can be made ahead.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
I agree that this went together very quickly and made up a beautiful presentation...I made exactly as directed, but next time I will add a little extra heat to it by adding a few red pepper flakes. Great recipe. Thanks for posting!!!
- 1 lb ground turkey (beef or chicken ok too)
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) carton low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat; drain.
- Add corn, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and cumin.
- Simmer, stirring frequently 5 min.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic salt; mix well.
- Arrange 6 tortillas on bottom& up sides of lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish, overlapping as necessary.
- It will come above pan.
- Top w/1/2 meat mixture.
- Spoon cheese mixture over mixture over meat.
- Arrange remaining tortillas over cheese.
- Top w/remaining meat mixture.
- You can stop here& refrigerate (Lasagna will be more firm if you do, I recommend at least an hour to overnight).
- If you don't refrigerate, it will have a more loose form, but still taste wonderful.
- Bake in preheated oven 375 about 30 minutes or until hot& bubbly.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese& let sit for 10 minutes before serving.