Recipe by Dave-a-flav
Tastes like it sounds. Layered cheese, and meat sauce between tortillas (instead of noodles). The leftovers reheat perfectly, it's inexpensive, and most importantly tastes great!
Top Review by CareyLee
This was pretty good, but hubby said it was missing something although he couldn't say what. I think the ricotta mixture could have used a little seasoning, but besides that I was happy with it. Thanks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (browned and drained)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning (use low sodium or spicy if you wish)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- hot sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 small corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- MEAT SAUCE:. ground beef, taco seasoning, tomato sauce. Hot Sauce to taste (optional).
- CHEESE MIX:. ricotta cheese, eggs, diced green chilies, sliced black olives.
- Layer in 13x9 greased dish in this order: 6 tortillas, 1/2 meat sauce, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, all cheese mix,. 6 tortillas, meat sauce and mixed grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.